Alfred Hofmann (1879-1958) Sitting Female Nude (Terra cotta) 1923

I just managed to take at auction this beautiful terra cotta female nude sculpture on eBay Austria. I was very excited about adding it to my collection since I have so few examples of good female nudes in the collection. It appears to be in excellent condition and will make a great addition to the collection. Years ago I ran across this sculpture in an Antiques shop in Amsterdam but passed it up because it was too bulky to carry back on the plane. I always kept it in the back of my mind and swore if I ever ran across another example I would buy it.
--------------------------------------------
Alfred Hofmann (1879-1958) was a well know Austrian sculptor who did a lot of medals and numismatic designs.
--------------------------------------------








Caption: Sitting Female Nude
Artist: Alfred Hofmann (1879-1958)
Medium: Terra cotta sculpture
Dated: Signed and dated 1923



----------------------------------
Here is an example of Hofmann's works:
-----------------------------------











You have read this article with the title Alfred Hofmann (1879-1958) Sitting Female Nude (Terra cotta) 1923. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2010/12/alfred-hofmann-1879-1958-sitting-female.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...