Academic Nudes Sold At Auction or For Sale On Line

I had a few minutes this evening and I thought I would go ahead and attribute authorship to the below listed works that I have information on. Enjoy.
-------------------------------------
I wish I had deeper pockets but alas they are not as deep as I would like them to be. There are so many beautiful works out there to be had. I have been saving images of some of the items I found online that have either been sold or that are still up for sale for this posting. I thought I would just list them for the shear enjoyment of it. I do not have time to attribute them now but will go back and make attributions when I have more time. Cheers.
--------------------------------------

Eugene Piron (1875-1928) Stretching and Yawning Figure






R. Jager (?) Male nude
Herman Groeber (1865-1935) Seated Nude Youth




--------------------------------------------------
Both of these Academic Studies of Male Nudes (below) attributed to Duncan Grant (1885-1978) recently sold on eBay France, fetching well over three thousand Euros. I would have been in there fighting for at least one of them but all of my fun money is tied up in the Robert Saake, Art Nouveau bronze, (Stehender Knabenakt) coming from Germany. That is usually the story. When you have your eyes and wallet focused on one work of art somewhere, something just as glamourous pokes its head up somewhere else and you miss out on one or the other. Such is the way of the force I guess.
--------------------------------------------------
Duncan Grant (1885-1978) Standing Male Nude



Duncan Grant (1885-1978) Standing Male Nude (Rear view)

----------------------------------------------------

Hyacinthe Collin de Vermont (1693-1761)- River god, male nude

Charles Joseph Natoire (1700-1770) Male Nude

Charles Joseph Natoire (1700-1770) St John

















You have read this article with the title Academic Nudes Sold At Auction or For Sale On Line. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2010/12/academic-nudes-sold-at-auction-or-for.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...