Jean De Roncourt - Monumental Bronze - Male Nude


Several weeks ago I posted photographs of a large French Bronze I have (above) and at that time I had no idea who the artist was. Tonight I was browsing past auction results on a Hungarian Auction Site I visit on occasion and low and behold up pops the sculpture listed below (1st photograph). The similarity to my bronze was unmistakable. I had solved the mystery of who created my bronze. Jean De Roncourt was probably France's most famous sculptor in the 1920's - 30's. I guess even a blind pig can find an acorn sometimes. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any biographical information on De Roncourt but I will keep looking.

----------------------------------

Here are additional examples of De Roncourt's sculptures:

-----------------------------------










You have read this article with the title Jean De Roncourt - Monumental Bronze - Male Nude. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2010/11/jean-de-roncourt-monumental-bronze-male.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...