William-Adolphe Bouguereau's L'Admiration

Portrait of William-Adolphe Bouguereau (1825 - 1905) at his easel.
_______________________________________








I am taking another short respite from photographing and scanning works in my collection to post photographs that I ran across this evening of Bouguereau's L'Admiration that I took on my last visit to the San Antonio Museum of Art. I started this journey at that museum and was inspired by this work. I am a great admirer of Bouguereau's works I guess because of the technical mastery of the medium the man possessed. Some think his works are sappy and way too over the top romantic but I really admire the technical aspects of his artistry.
You have read this article with the title William-Adolphe Bouguereau's L'Admiration. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2010/07/william-adolphe-bouguereau-l.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...