Paul Abel Lefebvre (1859 - ?) Etude de Jeune Homme

Palais des Beaux-Arts, Lille, France



I stumbled upon this beautiful drawing on a blog of French Museums today and just had to share it with you. I wish it were in my collection but it hangs on the wall of the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Lille, France. It has to be one of the most sensual, sensitive, and beautifully executed academic drawings I think I have ever seen. It just bowled me over when I saw it. My word, to have that man's talent and eye for detail, not to mention his drawing skills. The perfect command of his materials as the artist uses counter juxtaposition of light and dark, cast shadow and reflected light, is really superb. The execution of this young ephebe with posing stick is beautiful and flawless. I have a similar subject matter in my collection which came out of an auction house in New York and I will post it later when I can get it photographed and uploaded. The similar drawing I possess is a beautiful drawing but not as gorgeous as this one. Enjoy.
You have read this article with the title Paul Abel Lefebvre (1859 - ?) Etude de Jeune Homme. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2010/07/paul-abel-lefebvre-1859-etude-de-jeune.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...