Vienna Secessionist Bronze Bas-Relief: Ballspielender Knabe - Nude Boy Playing with a Ball ... Ca. 1910 - Circle of Egon Schiele

The Austrian Bronze bas-relief of the Nude Boy Playing with a Ball arrived yesterday. When I picked the package up I had a shock.... it weighs eight and a half pounds. That's one heavy piece of bronze. It is quite substantial in both weight and appearance. This is a quality bronze relief, much to my surprise. It is also much larger than I had imagined. It must be a sand cast bronze since there is hardened sand-like material adhering to the inside of the back. I have checked it over closely and I cannot find a signature anywhere, so that will remain a mystery until I by some miracle run across a reference book with an illustration.
------------------------------------------------

























You have read this article with the title Vienna Secessionist Bronze Bas-Relief: Ballspielender Knabe - Nude Boy Playing with a Ball ... Ca. 1910 - Circle of Egon Schiele. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2012/01/vienna-secessionist-bronze-bas-relief.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...