Wilhelm Gallhof (1878-1918): Female Nude (Die Korallen-Kette) The Coral-Chain

Every so often I run across a painting that just takes my breath away. This morning I was browsing my favorite German Auction Houses and I ran across a current offering, a beautiful female nude, that did just that..... took my breath away. If you have an extra Euro 3,700.00+ to get started, you can take this one home with you. The detail in the materials around the figure is amazing and I am jealous. The figure itself is so beautifully rendered by color and brush stroke and the painting is done in such a manner as to be beautiful in every sense of the word and not offensive in its implied eroticism, simply a celebration of youth and the intense beauty of the human body. I thought I would post it separately for your enjoyment.
-------------------------------------------------------
Wilhelm Gallhof (1878 at Iserlohn - Died in Action 1918) was a German artist who studied in Munich, Karlsruhe, and with Lovis Corinth in Berlin. He worked in Weimar and Paris and was represented in many national and international exhibitions. As a sculptor and graphic artist, he was equally successful and brilliant as a painter. This particular painting appeared as a full page display in the German Magazine: Jugend (Youth), 1917, Volume II, No. 42, page 824/825). What a terrible shame that war had to take this wonderfully talented human being.
-------------------------------------------------------

You have read this article with the title Wilhelm Gallhof (1878-1918): Female Nude (Die Korallen-Kette) The Coral-Chain. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2011/03/wilhelm-gallhof-1878-1918-female-nude.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...