Unknown Canadian Artist - Ca. 1890-1920 Standing Nude Boy

This Art Nouveau academic nude of a standing nude boy originated from Toronto, Canada. The artiques dealer had scant information on its origin but insisted it came from a local estate. I was in Toronto to attend a seminar on 19th Century classical painting techniques at a local private Atelier and bought it. I am basing my time estimate on the details of the frame, which to my eye says Art Nouveau. I apologize for the misaligned photographs. The varnish on the surface was shiny and I had to get off to the side to get a decent photograph.
--------------------------------------------------










Caption: Standing Nude Boy
Artist: Unknown (Canadian in Origin)
Medium: Oils on Canvas
Dated: Unsigned and undated (ca. 1890-1920)






You have read this article with the title Unknown Canadian Artist - Ca. 1890-1920 Standing Nude Boy. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2011/01/unknown-canadian-artist-ca-1890-1920.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...