J. Bellange (?): Nu Academique Jeune Homme - Nude Male Youth - 1905

---------------------------------------------
I managed to buy this nice Academic Male Nude executed in pastels, signed and dated J. Bellange 1905, from a seller in France this afternoon. I have one other pastel from around 1900 by an anonymous student at the Art Students League in NYC which I will post later. It is not as nice color wise when compared to this one. I will re-photograph this fine catch when it arrives later and post additional photographs. I could not find any information on the artist. There is a famous family of French artists with the same last name dating back to the late 18th century but I doubt any of them produced this nice work. The 1905 date seems to be beyond their life spans.
----------------------------------------------











You have read this article with the title J. Bellange (?): Nu Academique Jeune Homme - Nude Male Youth - 1905. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2011/01/j-bellange-nu-academique-jeune-homme.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...