Oscar Bodin (1868-1940) The Fencer...circa 1910 ...Male Nude

While I was listing bronzes of the nude I thought I would photograph and list the last few in my collection. Bronzes from the 19th century tend to get expensive so I have to be very selective in my purchases. Unfortunately, I do not have much biographical information on Bodin other than his lifespan. For such a well listed German Sculptor there is scant information on him out there on the web. This is one of the large monumental bronzes of this subject (The Fencer or Mannlicher Akt mit Degen). The additional illustrations below of the same subject are of the smaller (in dimensions) edition of this bronze from 1910.
-----------------------------------------------






















Caption: The Fencer
Artist: Oscar Bodin (1868-1940)
Medium: Cast Bronze
Dated: 1910

------------------------------------------
Here are additional examples of Oscar Bodin's sculptures:
------------------------------------------








You have read this article with the title Oscar Bodin (1868-1940) The Fencer...circa 1910 ...Male Nude. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2010/10/oscar-bodin-1868-1940-fencercirca-1910.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...