Marie Augustin Zwiller (1850-1939): Academic Drawing of a Nude Boy

*
When someone tells you "What goes around, comes around" then believe them. Last month a German seller posted this academic drawing of a nude ephebe by Marie Augustin Zwiller (1850-1939). I made a pleasant enquiry regarding the lot, shipping charges, an immediate buy price, and received a verbal thrashing. Now I am known on eBay for my "you get more flies with honey than vinegar" approach, so I carried on in my mild mannered approach.  I do not think I have ever had a seller be so down right mean in his reply. This guy was a horse's-ass. I had asked about a direct buy purchase price and we sent emails back and forth for a few days and I finally said "Screw it!" and gave up. I even offered to pay all of his listing fees, including his Paypal fees for what I considered a reasonable offer. After we agreed upon a price, he nails me with what I knew to be outrageous shipping charges. That's when I decided I simply did not want the problems. The auction went off without me and the drawing sold for a few hundred Euros. Guess what? This morning the drawing pops up on eBay France with a price double what I know the German seller sold it for, even with the same photograph the German seller originally listed. I have to laugh, sellers are always out for a buck or two. Unfortunately, I could find little biographic information on the artist but he is well represented in the auction world.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a small selection of his figurative works:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------




You have read this article with the title Marie Augustin Zwiller (1850-1939): Academic Drawing of a Nude Boy. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2012/02/marie-augustin-zwiller-1850-1939.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...