Friedrich Kaspar Heising (1821-1902): Academic Male Nude Painting, dated 1841

*


Addendum (March 8): I am happy to say that this beautiful 19th century academic male nude study will be on its way into my collection very soon. The seller and I have been negotiating the sale and export of the painting for many days now and have finally settled on a price and a way to get it to me. For a while there I thought it would slip through my fingers.


This beautiful academic nude turned up on a European auction site this morning. Friedrick Kasper (Casper) Leising (1821-1901) was a well known painter during the mid to late 19th century. Unfortunately I could not find much in the way of biographic information but this is a very nice example of 19th century academic art.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------












---------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Here is an exampkle of his mature works:




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------




You have read this article with the title Friedrich Kaspar Heising (1821-1902): Academic Male Nude Painting, dated 1841. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2012/02/friedrich-kaspar-heising-1821-1902.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...