Do You See what I See? Or Is My Mind In The Gutter?

*
I stumbled on this little gem this morning on eBay Austria. I had to pick myself up off the floor to stop laughing. At first I thought it was some kind of mistake, given that overt phallic design in the cut of the mat, then I read the description and looked closely at the content of the composition. That is the Blessed Virgin standing there, No?. How would you like to have been a 19th century husband unveiling this to your household after having taken this nice watercolor study of a monument to the Emperor and fallen soldiers by your favorite artist to the picture gallery for framing and having this come home? I will bet the housemaids were giggling every time they walked past that phallic shape in the master's bedroom.
--------------------------------------------------


You have read this article with the title Do You See what I See? Or Is My Mind In The Gutter?. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2012/10/do-you-see-what-i-see-or-is-my-mind-in.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...