Julius von Blass (1888-1934): Hunter On The Target

*
Portrait of the Artist by his father, Karl von Blaas (1815-1884)



*


Auktionshaus Ursula Nusser, Munich, DE put this gem up on the current catalog recently. I got a good chuckle out of it. I do not think I have ever seen a serious painting depicting this kind of activity. This is a first for me. Julius von Blass (1888-1934) came from a family of artists and he studied under his father. His works mainly consisted of equestrian subjects and country Genre scenes (of which I would guess this painting qualifies). Anyway, I got a good laugh out of it.


---------------------------------------







-----------------------------------------------


Here is a sampling of his other works:


-----------------------------------------------






You have read this article with the title Julius von Blass (1888-1934): Hunter On The Target. You can bookmark this page URL http://kynsismi.blogspot.com/2011/12/julius-von-blass-1888-1934-hunter-on.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...